These Michigan Crates with U.P. Handle are made from furniture-grade white pine. The ends of the Michigan crate are in the shape of Lower Michigan and the sturdy handle is in the shape of Upper Michigan.
The sides are made from pine slates to give it a rustic look. Each Michigan Crate is hand sanded and nailed and shipped as is, WITHOUT paint or coated in lacquer. The color of each crate is unique due to naturally occurring pigments and knots in the wood. A crate can range from a light blond color to a dark caramel and is stamped on the bottom with the HDD logo.
Here are a few ways that our customers have used the crates:
- as a gift basket for birthdays, anniversary's and weddings
- packed with a favorite Michigan beer and soda to give as a hostess gift
- displayed kitchen utensils
- used in the bathroom to hold hairbrushes, blow dryer, hand towels, etc.
- added to the guest bedroom as a welcome present
- sent it to a family member as a gift
- as a magazine holder in the family room
- while camping, to hold all the plates, napkins and condiments in one spot